You are water --- the essence of all forms, yet formless. You are the point from which each direction flows, and you are the flow. You are the one that feels, you are the one that moves. You are the one that embraces the other.
- Anodea Judith
jalaBlu School of Yoga Teacher Training
'Free Your Voice' 2018200 HR Teacher Training
'Free Your Voice!' ~ 200HR Teacher Training with Jenna Pfingston & Special Guests Join Jenna Pfingston and special guests at jalaBlu School of Yoga for a 200 hour teacher training. This 8 month journey is an invitation into asana, teaching methodology, philosophy, lifestyle, anatomy, ethics and a grander connection to the curiosity of self discovery. Jenna Pfingston is an ERYT-500 certified yoga teacher with Yoga Alliance and has had a previous certification in Anusara. This training will no doubt be a life changing event that will bring a deeper connection to confidence, personal growth, a stronger asana practice (alignment based infused with vinyasa), spiritual awareness and an opportunity to create space for ritual & ceremony within our everyday lives. Jenna's intention is to hold space for any soul ready to go deeper into the many layers of yoga. Whether you are a student on the path to become a teacher or a student who is ready to cultivate a deeper understanding of yoga, this is a powerful and potent opportunity for you! 'Free Your Voice!'
Special Guests within Training: Christina Sell / Asana (http://www.livethelightofyoga.com/), Debra Hogan / Voice Teacher, Ally Morrison / Anatomy Specialist ( http://allymorrison.com/) and Manorama / Sanskrit Studies & Luminous Soul Methods / "Through the Sanskrit Studies Method Manorama offers a direct, easy and joyful approach to learning Sanskrit, encouraging her students to focus on core principles of learning, the dynamic sound qualities of the language and it’s philosophical beauty. Grammar becomes fun and playful. In the Luminous Soul Method students learn about the nine pillars, which will make your life rich with wisdom, understanding and joy. The Luminous Soul Method fuses sacred Eastern and Western philosophy and shows you how to integrate them into your everyday life. (https://sanskritstudies.org/about/manorama).
Jenna Pfingston will be the lead teacher and has a 500-ERYT certification with Yoga Alliance. This particular training is influenced with Jenna's past roots in Anusara Yoga and the inspired path and offerngs of B.K.S. Iyengar. Jenna has studied yoga for 17 years and through many training's along the way with Darren Rhodes (asana teacher), Christina Sell (asana teacher), Jill Marie (Spiritual Guide), Manorama (Spiritual & Sanskrit teacher), Gioconda Parker (Vinyasa Asana) and Ashley Turner (Psychology Roots of Yoga) she has combined all the beauty into this training to deliver a profound and magical journey. This particular year (2018) will be infused with Jenna's most recent study (not yet completed but in the journey), 'Psyche Soul' with Ashley Turner (http://ashleyturner.org/).
Words or Phrases to Describe Training from Previous Students: " life changing, alignment focused asana, cultivated confidence within self and as a teacher, strong teaching methods, individual spiritual growth, a deeper connection to support & community, amazing guests to influence and inspire, well balanced and comprehensive, learned how to love myself, felt comfortable and encouraged and cultivated a stronger awareness within life, ceremonial & magical!"
Schedule 2018 200-hr Teacher Training: Each weekend will consist of 22 hours. Most mornings we will start at 7:30am and go until 5:30pm (Friday - Sunday). There may be some changes with special guests depending on schedule.
Schedule for 2019 200-hr Teacher Training: February 8th-10th, February 22nd-24th, March 15th-17th, March 27th-31st, April 19th-21st, May 3rd-5th, May 17th-19th and June 21st-22nd. Please note that this schedule is closer together with modules. The idea is to stay in the flow as we stay connected as a tribe. Instead of an 8 month journey we have condensed it into 5 months.
Cost of FULL 200HR Teacher Training: Pay In Full $2,700 (early price by October 1st) OR $3,000 (payments)
- Each student is required to put down a $500 non refundable deposit by December 20th, 2017. This deposit will go towards your tuition and is non-refundable.
- If paid in full by October 1st, full payment is $2,700. There is a $300 discount. This also includes your $500 non refundable deposit.
- Payment Schedule for 8 months after $500 non refundable deposit is $312.50 per month.
- Payment Schedule for 10 months after $500 non refundable deposit is $250.00 per month.
- If your payment plan is beyond 8 months you will get your certificate from jalaBlu School of Yoga when paid in full.
- Must attend ALL weekends to graduate. If you miss a weekend you can make it up but you will be responsible for extra payment.
- Must have at least 2 years of yoga / asana. Any questions or concerns please contact Jenna at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Focused Topics: chakras, alignment based asana, yamas & niyamas, koshas, sound healing through mantra, basic sanskrit, meditation, pranayama, rituals & ceremonies, finding your voice, psychology roots of yoga (the basics), teaching methodology, anatomy and business of yoga.
- Books that are Required: Light On Yoga / B.K.S. Iyengar, Light On Life / B.K.S. Iyengar, The Bhagavad Gita / Stephen Mitchell, a journal & binder.
200 HR Teacher Training Dates for 2018 / 2019 Dates Above (Must Attend All Weekends to Graduate. Please contact Jenna with questions or concerns) / Hours (subject to change): Friday 8:30am - 5:30pm (breaks) / Saturday 8:00am - 5:30pm / Sunday 8:00am - 5:00pm
February 9th-11th (Asana, Root & Sacral Chakras, Bhagavad Gita Book Discussion)
March 9th-11th(Asana, Naval & Heart Chakras, Bhagavad Gita Book Discussion)
April 20th-22nd (Asana, Throat & Third Eye Chakras, Bhagavad Gita Book Discussion)
May 4th-6th (Asana, Crown Chakra, Asana with Christina Sell, Sanskrit & Luminous Soul Methods with Manorama) Mt. Princeton Location
June 8th-10th (Teaching Methodology, Philosophy, Voice Lesson with Debra Hogan (Sounds of Chakras & Mantras), 'Light On Life' Discussion)
July 13th-15th(Teaching Methodology, Philosophy, Anatomy with Ally Morrison, 'Light On Life' Discussion)
August 10th-12th (Teaching Methodology, Philosophy, 'Light On Life' Discussion)
September 7th-9th / Graduation (Teaching jalaBlu Yoga Classes, Teaching Methodology, Seva Project & Graduation)
The full journey will be a beautiful and profound journey for ALL souls...Whether you want to teach or you just want to deepen your connection to the path of yoga it's an opportunity to 'expand' in your life on all levels. There will also be an opportunity for students who just want to do the first 4 weekends which will be declared as a 'study' (February, March, April, and May). Please see info below for the study.
The Courageous Warrior Study
Cost of Four Weekend 'Study' / For Students Who Just Want to Join the First 4 Weekends
- Each student required to put down a $200 deposit by December 1st , 2018.
- If paid in FULL November 15th, full payment is 1,100.
- If paid after December 15th or in payments, full payment is $1,250. (4 payments of $312.50 or I can work with you on another option)
- Focusing on an alignment based asana practice infused with vinyasa, chakras (see below), pranayama (pranic body), meditation, mantra and ceremony.
- What are the Chakras? "A chakra is a center of energy. Originating from Sanskrit, it literally means “wheel” by association with its function as a vortex of spinning energy interacting with various physiological and neurological systems in the body. Chakras are energy centers within the human body that help to regulate all its processes, from organ function to to the immune system and emotions. We can commonly count 7 chakras positioned throughout your body, from the base of your spine to the crown of your head. Each chakra has its own vibrational frequency."
- We will also embrace the curiosity around ritual and ceremony in our every day lives (Bhakti Yoga).
Courageous Warrior Study Weekend Dates for 2019
Hours Each Weekend (please note these could change a little due to 'special guests'): Hours TBA
February 8th-10th (Asana, Root & Sacral Chakras)
March 15th - 17th (Asana, Naval & Heart Chakras)
April 19th-21st (Asana, Throat & Third Eye Chakras)
May 3rd - 5th (Asana, Crown Chakra & Special Guests)
"Knowing my students and my subject depends heavily on self-knowledge. When I do not know myself, I cannot know who my students are. I will see them through a glass darkly, in the shadows of my unexamined life ~ and when I cannot see them clearly, I cannot teach them well. When I do not know myself, I cannot know my subject ~ not at the deepest levels of embodied, personal meaning. I will know it only abstractly, from a distance, a congeries of concepts as far removed from the world as I am from personal truth. The work required to "know thyself" is neither selfish nor narcissistic. Whatever self-knowledge we attain as teachers will serve our students. Good teaching requires self-knowledge: It is a secret hidden in plain sight." ~ Parker J. Palmer